A MESSAGE FROM BILL DERMODY, 2014/2015 PRESIDENT
I am honored to be President this year. I believe the Exchange Club is the #1 and Premier Service Club in Needham.
My theme for 2014 is being #1.
- I believe we have the #1 event in town with our July Fourth Celebration.
- I believe we have the #1 local phone book.
- I believe we have the #1 mystery trip for seniors.
- I believe we are #1 in support of youth through our youth programs and scholarships.
- I believe we are and will be the #1 club in membership with close to 100 members.
If you would like to find out more about any of our programs or about becoming a member of the #1 service club in Needham, please feel free to contact me or the Membership Committee.
JULY 4th 2014 CELEBRATION
The Needham Exchange Club would like to thank the residents of town for a great Fourth of July celebration! In spite of all the predictions, the weather cooperated and we hope everyone enjoyed the spectacular Fireworks display, the Grand Parade, the Pie Eating Contest, the Flea Market, and all the other great events. We appreciate the support and enthusiasm of the community for this event. We were thrilled by the crowds that turned out at the fireworks on the 3rd and along the parade route on the 4th in spite of the threat of rain. We thank you for your generosity.
Memorial Park was a perfect venue for the celebration and the Exchange Club thanks the Memorial Park Trustees for the use of their beautiful park. The Needham Police and Fire departments did a terrific job as always and we thank them. We couldn't have done it without the tremendous efforts of the Department of Public Works.
Please see out list of local business sponsors who helped to sponsor the 2014 events. Without their generous donations, we would not be able to host this annual event. We are also still accepting donations on our website for this year’s event.
Planning for next year’s July 4th has already begun and we hope you join us again.
2013 Community Service Awards presented
The Needham Exchange Club's 2013 Community Service Awards were presented at the May 2nd Club meeting.
The Community Service Awards were created in 2010 to recognize Needham High School freshmen, sophomores or juniors who have demonstrated a commitment to community service through clubs or organizations that serve our community.
This year's award winners were:
- Olivia Korostoff-Larsson & Emily Touchet - Needham High School HOPE Club
- Tommy Kelley - Youth Diabetes education
- Jacqueline Arrondo - Newton Candlelight Vigil, Needham High School SALSA Club
- Alli Rubin - The Metrowest Foundation's Program in Youth Philanthropy
Read more about the students and their work.